I’m so happy to share this recipe with you! It’s something I often make for myself on weekend mornings when I have a wee bit of extra time in the morning to enjoy breakfast without having to rush out the door.
I absolutely adore mushrooms. Either raw, baked, grilled, marinated, pickled or sauteed, I absolutely love them and could not imagine weekend mornings without them. Or weekday dinners. Or you know, life in general.
Did you know how very easy mushroom toast is to make? Ridiculous really. I hope this little recipe & video will inspire you to make some this Saturday.
Chili and garlic mushroom toast
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- a handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 chili of your choice, finely sliced
- 1 medium garlic clove, grated
- 8 medium button mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- pinch salt and crushed black pepper
- optional toppings: extra fresh parsley and toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the spring onions and sautee for a couple of minutes.
- Add chili and garlic and sautee for another minute.
- Add mushrooms and toss to cover.
- Lower the heat, season with salt and pepper and cook until mushrooms become tender.
- Add parsley and cook for a final minute.
- Toast the bread. Top with mushrooms, add toppings and enjoy!
SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel for delicious, plant based, whole foods.