Not sure about you, but when I see a gorgeous smoothie just bubbling away with freshness I just want to dive right in, no questions asked, no second thoughts. Green smoothies, super loaded smoothies, colourful smoothies, fruit smoothies, there’s a time, a place and a mood for them all.
Whenever my body is not at its best, a smoothie will restore balance. Such are its might powers! My perfect remedy for a dine out lunch gone awry that ended up with a tummy ache? A filling green smoothie for dinner. My solution when I feel a cold might knock at my door? Again a green smoothie that must be loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and must have fresh turmeric in it (fresh turmeric is my answer to everything by the way). My go to snack for the occasional afternoon slump? A fruit smoothie burst. As for fast breakfasts for those time pressed weekdays, you guessed it, also a smoothie, made with whatever I picked up from the farmers’ markets over the weekend.
Now this is not a complicated smoothie recipe and you most likely made it before. It is nevertheless delicious, with no sugar added and I’m more than happy to simply remind you to make it again. And again.
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 big seasonal apple
- 2 ginger slices
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 frozen banana, cubed
- 1 cup of mixed berries
- 1-2 cups water, start with 1 cup and only add more if needed to reach your desired consistency
- Add all to blender and whiz away.
- Best enjoyed fresh. But keeps overnight.
Now the giveaway! One lucky TalesofaKitchen reader will win 2 Cuppow products:
- 1 Cuppow lid that will transform a regular jar into a lunchbox by splitting it into 2 compartments, keeping wet and dry ingredients separate until ready to be devoured. It’s perfect for salads & dressings, yogurt & granola, hummus & veggies or just your dinner leftovers!
- 1 Cuppow lid that will make your smoothie your To Go BFF! You’ll be able to enjoy spill-free sipping while on the move or simply at your desk.
I personally love these products and have been using them regularly for the past half year. Or maybe more, I’m not known for my excellent memory.
To win this incredibly useful pack simply pop onto my Instagram page, search for the giveaway pic (also posted below for easy recognition) and follow instructions there.
May the smoothie be with you! Everywhere, that is. xo