You know how everysingletime I make a new recipe for truffles I go on and say that they are the best truffles? Well, here I go again.
Now hold on to your pajamas really tight because THESE are the best truffles everrrrr. Although I would much prefer to call these babes ‘breakfast bombs’ or ‘fuel bombs’. They are made with a little bit of this and and a little bit of that and a little bit of the other. A little bit of everything and all the goodness I could think off. I find them perfect after a long run or simply to refuel mid morning. Or mid afternoon. Or mid anytime.
You can roll them, pop them in the fridge and eat as is. Or you can dip them in raw chocolate and eat as is. Or go even further and then dip them in a wee bit of organic peanut butter and eat as is. Or go crazy all the way and dip in a second layer of raw chocolate. I can’t believe I’m writing this, but yes, it’s true, two layers of chocolate. Cuz two is better than one and more is better when it comes to raw chocolate.
Breakfast fuel bombs
- 300g almonds, turned into almond meal
- 50g pumpkin seeds, whole
- 50g sunflower seeds, whole
- 50g sesame seeds, whole
- 50g linseed, turned into flax meal
- 30g chia seeds, whole
- about 200g oil free raisins, whole
- 3 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, softened
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 50g sweetener (honey, maple syrup)
- Toppings: raw chocolate, organic peanut butter
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the coconut butter, coconut oil and sweetener and mix well until a ‘dough’ forms.
- Roll into balls of desired size and pop into the fridge.
- Once set, you can dip them in chocolate or peanut butter if you fancy.