Sooo… where do you get your protein, vegans? 😉
I don’t usually talk protein on this blog, but it is actually something I am mindful of every day as I don’t consume animal products. Sprouted, organic, complete protein powders in my smoothies, lots of wholegrains (quinoa, beans, chickpeas, lentils), lots of chia seeds, nuts, seeds – these are part of my (almost) daily routine.
I love this smoothie because it’s very filling and keeps me going well into mid day. It’s made with both protein powder and quinoa (a complete protein), plus a bit of this and that fruit. The consistency is quite thick (I tend to prefer thick smoothies for breaky) but it’s very creamy and smooth. It’s perfect if you chuck in some ice in there too.
And if you were looking for a quick and easy tip to making a pretty 2 layered smoothie, this recipe is your answer.
Enjoy the recipe and if you like my videos, don’t forget to subscribe to my channel here.
Blueberry yogurt protein smoothie
- 250g coconut yogurt
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes (or rolled oats)
- small slice of lemon
- 2 TBSP protein powder
- 1 cup water
- To assemble: 2 TBSP of yogurt
- Toppings: 1 tsp puffed quinoa, fresh berries
- Add all ingredients for the smoothie to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add 2 TBSP of yogurt in the bottom of a jar and spread on the sides.
- Pour smoothie in the jar.
- Add toppings and enjoy!