I am so excited by the current giveaway taking place on my blog. The main reason for that is because you, my dear readers, opened up a true Pandora’s box (the good kind of box) full of all the goodness in the world (a.ka. lots of matcha recipe ideas and inspiration). Thank you! Matcha ice cream or matcha slushy sound perfect for all those hot days that will soon be upon us. And matcha added to fresh young coconut sounds like something I MUST try yesterday. Yes, I feel I’ve been missing out on amazing deliciousness!
But until I get my hands on a young coconut (no later than tomorrow!) let me share this berry and passion fruit mousse with you. You’ve probably tried the ‘classic’ raw vegan chocolate mousse made with avocado, banana, sweetener and cacao. And maybe you even tried my chilled lemon matcha mousse. Whether you did or whether you didn’t, you now have to try this berry mousse. Because berries are super good for you and amazingly delicious and because passion fruit makes everything taste better. Not that berries are not amazing on their own. They’re actually some of the best things on the planet. But if you can top up awesomeness with even more awesomeness, why not go for it I say.
Top the mousse with walnuts, cacao nibs and anything else you fancy and spoil yourself crazy for breakfast. Or lunch. Or afternoon snack.
- 1 small avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- handful of strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 TBSP goji berries (or other berries of choice)
- 4 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 passion fruit
- Toppings: walnuts, cacao nibs and anything else you fancy
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, except passion fruit, and whiz until you get a silky, creamy mousse.
- Scoop the mousse into a bowl or glass, add passion fruit and toppings and serve right away.
- Best shared with someone you love.