On Saturday morning, I achieved something I dared not dream of. Not in my wildest dreams. I completed the first ever 20k run of my LIFE. I did it at a nice and easy, steady pace, with steady breathing and finished it all with a big grin on my face. A really big grin. To reward myself, I spoiled my tastebuds and my tummy (actually, my entire body) with this here smoothie and some sunshine laziness. The smoothie turned out so delicious that I made it again on Sunday and shared it with you all here. It gained so much love and attention that today I am sharing it yet again, with extra drool worthy photos and the actual recipe.
For best tasting smoothies, I always use either coconut water or filtered water.
These gorgeous looking layers are incredibly easy to make. You just need some super ripe, sexy fruits, a handful of quinoa and you’re set to sip away. So, go hunt yourself some bananas, pick some quinoa from your tree (what? you’re not growing a quinoa tree by now? preposterous!), knock on your next door neighbour’s for some berries and get blitzing already. Pray you read this recipe before your neighbour, otherwise she might just want all those berries for herself!
All kiddin’ aside, are you making that smoothie already?
- For the orange layer: 2 bananas, 1 blood orange, 1/2 cup quinoa flakes, 1/3 cup sesame seeds, 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- For the berry layer: 1 banana, 2/3 cups mixed frozen berries, juice of 1 lemon, 2 TBSP chia seeds, 1/4 cup filtered water
- To serve: 4 lemon ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients for the orange layer to the blender and whiz.
- Pour into a big mason jar or 2 smaller individual jars or glasses.
- Add the ingredients for the berry layer to the blender (no need to wash it) and whiz.
- Scoop the puffed quinoa on top of the orange layer then pour the berry smoothie mix on top.
- Drop some lemon ice cubes and serve right away. In the sunshine.