I did it again. I came back from the farmers market with the most delicious produce. Fresh seasonal apples, prunes, bananas and about 3 bags of veggies. You could say I am a tiny human stuffed with a lot of veggies. And I did not stop there. For weeks now I have been masterminding all sorts of ways to spoil myself for breakfast, in a healthy way, of course. This is my latest wholesome & indulgent goodness.
The filling has a soft caramel texture which I did not hope achieve, not even in my wildest food dreams. But here it is and I will share the secret with you: frozen banana added to a food processor or blender with almond butter (unsweetened and just plain simple in all its healthy glory), plus a dollop of thick honey or maple syrup. That’s it. Seriously. Not fresh, but frozen banana. Result is pure, delicious magic. But hey, don’t take my word for it. Make it to believe it!
- 1 big seasonal apple, cored
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 2 full TBSP almond butter (unsweetened)
- 1 full TBSP thick raw honey or maple syrup (I used chia honey and highly recommend it if you can find it)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- handful of nuts of choice (I used almonds, pistachios and walnuts)
- Add the peeled frozen banana cut in chunks to the food processor with the almond butter and honey. Process for few seconds until it becomes soft, gooey and smooth.
- Core the apple.
- Stuff the apple with the filling halfway, add nuts and raisins and then continue stuffing it all.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and walnut meal.
- Serve with more nuts and raisins.