I have been so happy these past few weeks! I am finally having a warm, nourishing breakfast before leaving the house.
Breakfast has been the hardest of meals to organize since my busy entrepreneurial schedule got a little hectic and crowded. Somehow, I always end up running out of time in the morning before having to run out the door and would only occasionally have time to whip up a smoothie. And with the colder weather lately, smoothies just don’t really work anymore at 7am.
This morning I had the idea of asking my new BFF to make me breakfast while I went on to take a shower and get ready for work. And what do you know…by the time I was dressed and ready to take on the day, it called my name and announced that breakfast is served! It is amazing not having to keep an eye on what you are cooking and trust that it will cook well.
The porridge is very simple and made with what I had available in the fridge and pantry. You can easily substitute the apples with pears or stone fruit and the blueberries with other berries.
The end result is so beautifully creamy and smooth and delicious. I hope you enjoy this porridge as much as I did.
Apple and blueberry porridge
- 2 cups your favorite porridge mix – I used a homemade one made mostly with oats and a bit of quinoa flakes, ground linseed and chia seeds
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 10 TBSP maple syrup
- Secure the cooking bowl in place.
- Add all the ingredients to the cooking bowl and secure the lid in place.
- Select the Cream Soup setting for 20 minutes.
- Go take a shower and get ready for work.
- Enjoy warm with fresh fruit on top or your favourite crunchy toppings.