I have strong feelings for figs. So strong that I feel we should have a fifth season named ‘Fig season’ so we’re well aware what, when and how to indulge!
I fig, therefore I am.
Let me briefly describe to you my perfect morning. Wake up, early. Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea or matcha, as the mood strikes. Go for an energizing run, still early. Finish it off with a quick, energizing, muscle stretching outdoor yoga practice, a recent endeavor. Go home and enjoy a smoothie (this smoothie!). All this by 8am. Then off to the beach for a swim and find perfectly tempered water; I like my water as I like my chocolate: smooth, not too hot, not too cold. Thoroughly enjoy the swim and squeeze in some water play time with B. Soak up a wee bit of warm sunshine with every cell in my body. Return home and have breakfast (at noon). I had all this, in this order, TO-DAY. My life is awesomely awesome.
This smoothie is awesomely awesome too. And the more figs you want to add, the more awesome it is going to get. Just sayin’.
***PS: I just announced the winner of the $100 Dinner Voucher Giveaway. Go check it out.***
PSS: Sometimes the internet is pretty awesome. And some people are truly beautiful. Heart warming story.
Almond fig and strawberry smoothie
- 1.5 cups almond milk (go homemade!)
- 4 ripe figs (you want organic because you’re eating the skin too)
- a handful of ripe strawberries (please go organic, strawberries soak up A LOT of pesticides)
- 1 big frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- pinch of vanilla seeds
- optional: a Medjool date / 2 regular dates if you prefer your smoothie on the sweeter side (I find it sweet enough already)
- toppings as your heart desires
- Add everything to a blender, whiz until smooth, enjoy and be happy.