After a gorgeous savory cookie recipe, makes perfect sense to follow up with yet another cookie recipe. My life is all about cookies it seems. But hey, definitely not complaining. A cookie a day keeps the monsters away or something of the sorts.
These cookies are so gorgeous. And not only super easy, but require just 5 ingredients, 2 main ones and 3 kinda optional. How amazing is that! They’re not very sweet, only mildly so as 1 banana sweetens the entire batch. But they’re deliciously coconutty, soft and full of vanilla and cinnamon flavor. They’re perfect with a soothing cup of tea. Or for dessert, with a generous scoop of coconut yogurt and extra fresh strawberries.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Coconut and vanilla cookies
Makes about 7-8 cookies
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 TBSP cinnamon + more to sprinkle
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 2 strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add banana to a bowl and roughly mash it with a fork.
- Add coconut, cinnamon and vanilla and mix until you get a dough.
- Roll into ball and flatten to make cookies. Place cookies on the baking tray.
- Slice your strawberries and add 1 slice to each cookie. Press gently so it sticks.
- Bake cookies for about 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool and enjoy! These are best on the day you make them, but they will also keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days.