I wish I had time to post this before Valentine’s day because I think there’s 3 major ways to show your partner you love them: pasta, pizza and potatoes.
I made this easy and hearty salad on Friday night after work and it worked out a treat – beautiful, soft, tender potatoes, warming curry spices, a bit of crunch from the cabbage and fresh herbs.
Most of you would probably have a fair few set ways you enjoy your potatoes! Add this one to the list. It’s great on it’s own with marinated tempeh, and it also makes a beautiful side salad.
Twice cooked curry potatoes salad
- 9 small-medium potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 big handful shredded red cabbage
- 1 handful each: chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh coriander, chopped fresh basil
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- seasoned tempeh to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Bake the potato wedges for 15 minutes in a fan forced oven.
- Add 2 TBSP olive oil to a medium large pan.
- Add the baked potatoes to the pan with the water, curry leaves and curry powder. Toss to coat.
- Cover with a lid and cook covered for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the lid, stir and continue to cook until the water evaporates.
- While the potatoes are cooking add the cabbage and fresh herbs to a big bowl.
- Add the potatoes and lemon juice the bowl and toss.
- Serve warm with marinated/seasoned tempeh.