While sometimes it’s nice to spent a lot of time in the kitchen, playing, experimenting and creating intricate dishes, at the core I’m a lover of all things easy (and healthy). This soup is just that. Easy. And healthy.
This parsnip and apple soup is very fresh and herby from the parsley. It’s a beautiful warm weather light meal that’s perfect with toasted sourdough. But then again, what’s not better with toasted sourdough?!
Parsnip apple soup
Serves about 4
- 4 celery sticks, washed and chopped
- 4 parsnips, washed, peeled and chopped
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 apples, washed and chopped
- 2 potatoes, washed, peeled and chopped
- 2 TBSP veggie stock
- 6 cups water
- big handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- small handful of oregano
- I cooked my soup in my Magimix Cook Expert. I added everything in, selected the Creamed Soup setting and then just got ready for dinner.
- If you’re cooking it on the cook pot, add your celery, parsnips and olive oil to a medium pot on medium heat. Cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Allow it to cool a bit and then puree it in 3 or 4 batches (depending on the capacity of your blender).
- To serve, warm it up again and add your toppings.