Welcome to one of the easiest & tastiest salads you will ever make. It takes about 5 active minutes to put together all in all, if you have toasted seeds and nuts around the house.
Last week I found myself with a fridge overflowing with herbs, way too many to just use as garnish or decorations. So I thought, why not use herbs as a main ingredient in a salad instead of greens like spinach or rocket? Why not indeed. They work beautifully and pack a lot of flavor, that little else is needed really.
Herbs & seeds summer salad
- one big handful each: parsley, coriander, basil – washed and chopped
- one big handful of mixed salad greens
- one big handful of shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups of cooked rice and quinoa (I cook a big batch of half and half and store in the fridge for use throughout 2-3 days)
Ingredients for the dressing
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 2 TBSP adjvar (roasted red pepper paste)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 8 TBSP water
Toppings per serve
- 100g tempeh
- 1 TBSP toasted almonds
- 1 TBSP toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- fresh lemon to squeeze
- Wash and chop your herbs and add them to a big bowl, together with salad greens, red cabbage and rice+quinoa.
- Add the ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and mix together. Add to the salad bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve the salad in individual bowls, add toppings and serve.