This post is about a book. To be more precise, it’s about an awesome book and an awesome recipe from that awesome book. Emily from This Rawsome Vegan Life recently released what is most likely the book of the year! It totally belongs on everyone’s bookshelves just as much as these tahini cups totally deserve to be in everyone’s bellies.
The book (pictured above) is full of some of the most gorgeous desserts I’ve come across, photographed from the most mouthwatering angles. Two days after I received it, I drooled over its pages and realized that Emily is a genius. The book is written and presented in such a way that each recipe is begging for adequate attention, begging to be made and celebrated for what it is: real, wholesome food.
I chose to make and share these tahini cups because I waste no opportunity to feed my body an extra dose of calcium. And sesame seeds (tahini) is chock full of it! Oh, and they’re also dang pretty and irresistible.
- TAHINI SHELL
- ⅓ cup (80 g) tahini
- ⅓ cup (79 ml) melted coconut oil
- COFFEE CREAM
- 1 cup (175 g) pitted dates
- ½ cup (118 ml) strong brewed coffee, or as needed
- Sea salt
- TO MAKE THE SHELL: Combine the ingredients by hand or in a food processor until smooth. It will be a bit watery but the coconut oil will harden up in the fridge. Pour half of the mixture into the bottom of 6 cupcake liners and put in the fridge for 20 minutes, or until solid. Set aside the other half of the tahini mixture.
- TO MAKE THE FILLING: Put all the ingredients into your food processor and process until smooth and very thick, adding the coffee, as needed. This could take a few minutes, and you may have to stop the food processor to wipe down the sides a few times so everything continues to combine evenly.
- ASSEMBLY: Scoop a dollop of the filling into each of the hardened bottoms in your cupcake papers. Pour enough of the remaining tahini mixture on each to cover the dollop. Put back in the fridge for about 20 minutes, or until solid, then sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
Emily’s book can now be purchased on Amazon. Happy bellies guaranteed. xx