This smoothie is perfectly sweet; not too little, not too much. It has a beautiful zing from the lemon and mandarin and a slight delicate spiciness from the ginger. You will just NEED to take sip, after sip, after sip, getting more hooked with each mouthful. And what can be better than getting hooked on healthy sips?
Beets are so good for you! They’re loaded with vitamins and minerals and help clean your liver and your blood. They are also a good source of energy because they’re high in sugars, the good kind of sugars that are gradually released into your system. This makes them perfect if you’re training or exercising intensely.
Add the benefits of spinach, apples, bananas and citrus fruits and you’ll bomb your body with a whole lot of goodness.
- handful of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup red beetroot, peeled
- 2 small apples (what’s in season), quartered
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1 mandarin, peeled (make sure it has no pits)
- 1 cm piece of ginger
- juice of 1/2 big lemon (I used Meyer)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1.5 to 2 cups water
- Optional: more chia seeds to serve
- Chuck all to blender and blitz until you get a creamy, smooth consistency.